Monday, February 06, 2006

More Tag

Caro tagged me, sooooo....

Four jobs I’ve had in my life:

  1. Telemarketer-- (yup, in my youth I was one of those annoying people-- though I only called folks at work, where you know, most didn't mind the interruption)
  2. Vice President (of a marketing company)
  3. Part-time Editor (of a drama anthology while in college/a labor-union publication while pregnant with Joseph)
  4. Childbirth Instructor/Birth Assistant (Doula) -- Next to being a mom, best job I ever had.
Four movies I can watch over and over (defined as movies I cannot channel surf past):
  1. The Princess Bride
  2. Brazil (1985 Terry Gilliam film)
  3. Strictly Ballroom
  4. Napoleon Dynamite
Four places I have lived:
  1. Massachusetts (born and raised)
  2. Chicago, IL
  3. Wisconsin
.... only three, I'm afraid.

Four TV shows I love to watch:
  1. Arrested Development-- Best. Show. On. Television. (Boo... and it's gonna be cancelled)
  2. Alias (Cancelled. Do you see a pattern here?)
  3. Survivor (I blame my mother-in-law, who got me hooked last year-- and given the pattern above, may live to regret it)
  4. David Letterman (when I have the energy to stay up and watch) I love this man.
Now, I'm sure there'd be more, but since we are a family without cable, I'm way out of the TV loop.

Four places I have been on vacation:
  1. Portugal
  2. Athens/Crete
  3. Jakarta, Indonesia
  4. London
... all in the "TBC "(Time Before Children)

Four of my favorite foods:
  1. Dark Chocolate. The darker the better.
  2. Lox with Cream Cheese, Tomato, Red Onion & Capers on a Potato Bagel
  3. Indian Food (i.e., Sag Paneer, Chicken Tikka Masala, Samosas with Chutney... all of it!)
  4. A Fluffernutter (pronounced fluffa-nutta) . . . well, only if the kids are having one ;-)
Four websites I visit daily:
  1. Bloglines (where I read updates from all of the blogs linked here)
  2. Salon.com
  3. The rest kind of vary from day to day as there's not much time to visit elsewhere...
Four places I would rather be right now:
  1. Some place warm
  2. . . . really, really warm
  3. Did I mention the warmth?
  4. And yeah, sipping a warming libation would be nice too.

OK, I tag:

Allison
Alicia
Tekakwitha
Shannon
and Johnboy

14 comments:

Tekakwitha said...

Gah! You got me!

Major Bedhead said...

Fluffanutta! My mother was so cruel that I didn't have one of these delicacies until I went off to college.

Y'know what's disgusting but good? Fluffernutter with banana slices. Oooey gooey yumminess.

Anonymous said...

I can't stand peanut butter, but Marshmallow Fluff and Nutella is gooood!

It is probably as well that Marshmallow Fluff is not very readily available in the UK. I could easily just eat it straight outta the jar... the whole jar!

Sandra Miller said...

Caro,

Apparently the fluffernutter is not widely known outside of New England.

And, for a while I thought you couldn't even buy Marshmallow Fluff in Wisconsin because, silly me, kept looking for it near the peanut butter.

Wasn't til I stumbled on it in the baking section that I realized it's here-- folks just don't know how to use it.

Don't worry, I've made sure that the kids and their friends know the joy of eating a fluffernutter.

And Julia,

Your mom-- cruel, indeed.

Johnboy said...

Sandra, Brzil was such a wickedly odd movie. I must admit I have seen that one at least 3 times!

As for all this tag, I must admit I feel a little out of the game but it looks fun!

Penny Ratzlaff said...

Sandra, I used to work with a nurse that was from CN. She loved Fluffernutter and was appaled that you couldn't buy it around here. The next time she went home she bought some and made me a sandwhich with it. I'm sorry to say, I'm not a fan of Fluffernutter. She loved it though and would eat fluffernutter and peanut butter sandwhiches.

Sandra Miller said...

Johnboy,

Anyone who's seen Brazil at least 3 times must be tagged.

And Penny,

Surprises me that you weren't fond of the fluffernutter (aka peanut butter & Fluff sandwich)... hmmm... maybe it's an acquired taste.

mdmpls said...

Sandra -
I grew up in Minnesota, and we enjoyed fluffernutters all the time when we were kids!!!

Maridee

Kerri. said...

Fluffernutters with banana slices ... delicious and only 244,653 units of Humalog per sandwich!

And I could watch Napoleon Dynamite dance until my last breath. Makes me laugh like a loon every time. (A la "Uzi", eh? One of my favorite comparisons so far!)

Shannon said...

You are going to be a hard act to follow. After reading your Top 4's, I realize I am the most boring person on the face of the earth, LOL.

It's going to take me a while to think of some good stuff to post.

Jamie said...

I literally had to look up what a fluffernutter was .... not sure how many canucks out there know what that is - but now that I know - I must try it! You buy the marshmallow fluff in the junk food isles here - right next to the ice cream cones and chocolate/strawberry/caramel ice cream toppings. Why there?? I have no idea, I've never put it on ice cream before ......

My teeth hurt just thinking about it .... :D

Sandra Miller said...

Ellen,

Check out Candinas, a local Swiss-trained confectioner who makes some of the best dark chocolate truffles I've ever tasted... a bit pricey, but you will thank me.

Melissa said...

Sandra, Thank you SO much for your support of my blog sweetblood. I have been checking out my favorite d-blogs (yorus included) in my 'time away' but just keeping quiet. But as I said, I am back now and have tons of ideas for more posts!
Melissa

Jess Riley said...

I LOVE Arrested Development! But I heard it was recently given a reprieve and wouldn't be cancelled...unless it's just wishful thinking on my part!

happy Thursday! :-)